Thursday, September 23, 2010

Service Learning-1

The service I will be participating in this semester is called Many Villages.  This past week I did not attend the site but was given an orientation on campus about the program.  From what I have gathered we will be interacting with students and teachers.  The students grades range from kindergarten to third grade and we are supposed to be placed with a teacher in order to help out in the classroom.

I am excited to begin this experience and interact with the students.  I have not done much service in the past with younger children, so I look forward to the new challenge.  During the orientation we were told that we may encounter views or situations that we do not agree with but it is our job to not let these things get to us.  It would be great if this did not happen but I am going into service with an open mind as to not let my opinions dictate the experience.  I am curious about the interaction we will be having with not only the students at Many Villages but also the teachers.  I hope to learn about the teacher's experiences with their career and the students that they have worked with over their years of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment